Incredibly slow response time on large 2003 database

Nov 1, 2013 at 6:36 PM
I'm trying to validate that I can successfully query and revoke certificates from our CA using this module. So far no luck.

Works without issue:
Get-CertificationAuthority -ComputerName <CA-FQDN>

However:
Get-CertificationAuthority -ComputerName <CA-FQDN>| Get-IssuedRequest -RequestID 5610515

Just seems to hang. I've tried multiple variants of this and thought specifying the RequestID would be the least intensive. Our cert DB is well over 50GB. Is there an upper limit to what this module can support?
Coordinator
Nov 1, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Can you try to make this filter in Certification Authority MMC snap-in and check whether it is quicker?
Nov 1, 2013 at 7:29 PM
It takes seconds to obtain using the filter in the Certification Authority MMC snap-in. I've tried filtering by subject and request ID
Coordinator
Nov 1, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Ok I'll take a look.
Nov 1, 2013 at 8:08 PM
The query did eventually finish after about two hours.
Coordinator
Nov 4, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Hello again!
I just checked the query on a Windows Server 2008 R2 with about 2 million rows (DB is about 15GB) and the query is returned very quickly (few seconds), so I cannot repro your issue so far. What module version are you using?
Nov 8, 2013 at 5:41 PM
I was using version 2.6. The certificate server is running 2003 R2 Enterprise. I ended up using certutil which gives me the data I need, though in a slightly less clean manner in seconds.
Coordinator
Nov 8, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Edited Nov 8, 2013 at 6:47 PM
It is unfortunate to hear that the module didn't help you here. I double-checked the code and I didn't found anything that could make query call so long. Also I wasn't able to repro your issue. It is very strange side effect I couldn't catch in my environment.