Question/Issue with Get-IssuedRequest -filer parameter

Oct 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Hello All

Can someone kindly help me with the following question.

I store my CA in a variable $CA, I then do the following, which returns the correct number of items e.g. 4 as 4 certificates have been issued from the CA using the template called "Administrator"

Get-IssuedRequest -CertificationAuthority $CA -Filter "CertificateTemplate -eq Administrator"

There are various other issued certificates too like "WebServer" etc. If I try the following in order to try and use the 'Like' behaviour as dealing with a string therefore using the -ge as noted in the help

Get-IssuedRequest -CertificationAuthority $CA -Filter "CertificateTemplate -ge Administrator"

I now get 462 items returned, I cannot see any other issued certificates in the database which were issued from a template with Administrator in the name of the template.

Therefore was wondering, am I using the incorrect syntax? or is the filter not working as expected?

Best regards
Ernie
Coordinator
Oct 1, 2013 at 1:59 PM
for string filters you should use only -eq operator. Documentation about other filters for string qualifiers is not fully correct. I'll try to summarize the -le, lt, -ge, -dt for string qualifiers and will update documentation.
Coordinator
Oct 2, 2013 at 7:15 PM
I have posted a blog post that explains how CA works with these operators: http://en-us.sysadmins.lv/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=108
HTH
Oct 3, 2013 at 6:54 AM

Thanks very much J